<p>Joel McHale performs at Gator Growl 2011 in Ben Hill Griffin Stadium. Gator Growl 2012 will take place at 7 p.m. on Nov. 9.</p>

Joel McHale performs at Gator Growl 2011 in Ben Hill Griffin Stadium. Gator Growl 2012 will take place at 7 p.m. on Nov. 9.

Get ready to go country at Gator Growl this year.

Country musician Josh Turner will play Gator Growl 2012, which is scheduled for 7 p.m. on Nov. 9 at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium.

This year’s theme is “United We Growl” and aims to honor military members for their work in keeping the country safe, according to the event website.

Gator Growl, often called the largest student-run pep rally in the nation, has brought many famous performers to Gainesville. These include Jerry Seinfeld, Bill Cosby and Dane Cook, according to the site.

Turner has released five studio albums.

His latest, “Punching Bag,” debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart. The record has also cracked the Billboard 200’s Top 5.

“We think he’s a fantastic artist for the campus, the community, and we really think he’s the best artist for this year’s theme,” said Director of Public Relations Sean Quinn.

Turner’s performance will join the Gator Growl lineup, which includes a to-be-announced comedy act, fireworks and the Para-Commandos skydiving team. The Dazzlers, UF cheerleaders and the Gator football team’s seniors will make appearances as well.

Tickets can be purchased through gatorgrowl.org. They are set for $15 for students and $25 for alumni and guests.

Contact Julia Glum at jglum@alligator.org.