The Career Resource Center will host the Graduate & Professional Schools Day from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursday in the Reitz Union Grand and Rion Ballrooms.

More than 160 programs from throughout the nation, including law, medical and pharmacy schools, will attend, said Angel Iverson, assistant director for career events at the CRC. Admissions representatives will be available to network with attendees and answer questions about financial aid, campus life and admission processes, she said.

Heather White, CRC director, said students will benefit from the event.

“I think it’s a great way to find out more about programs and schools of interest without even leaving campus, which is remarkable,” she said.

Iverson said she suggests students research programs they’re interested in, prepare questions and bring resumes. A Gator 1 Card is required for entrance.

Iverson said the event is geared toward juniors and seniors, but she encouraged freshmen and sophomores to attend.

“Freshmen and sophomores can get a head start on asking what they should be doing now so they can set themselves up for success when applying to graduate school in the future,” she said.

Liz Cox, a 21-year-old communication sciences and disorders senior, said she wants to attend the event to learn more about options for her future.

“The job field is so competitive now, and going to grad school makes you stand out,” she said.