After a weekend of debauchery in Nashville, Tenn., the alligatorSports crew comes home to Gainesville. We’re worn out from country music and Coyote Ugly saloons, but we’re just as excited to see College GameDay on campus as everyone else is for one reason: Erin Andrews.

Oh, wait. That was awkward. No matter who the sideline reporter is, we’ve got you covered.

Reporters and photographers will be behind the scenes creating a multimedia piece to be featured on alligatorSports.org (Sorry for the shameless plug). Sounds exciting, right? In the meantime, we let two of our writers debate one of this weekend’s showdowns.

Now, onto the picks…

West Virginia (-2.5) will make Kansas State wish it was back in Kansas because…

Geno Smith is 5-1 in games following a loss during his three years as the Mountaineers’ starting quarterback. This gunslinger is one quarterback you don’t want to mess with.

He’s averaged 230 passing yards per game on 65 percent passing with 13 touchdowns in those games. Clearly, bounce-back games are just as automatic for Smith as picking wrong is for Lee Corso.

— ADAM PINCUS

Kansas State (+2.5) will send West Virginia tumbling down its mountain because…

The Mountaineers are down in the dumps. Their Heisman-frontrunner quarterback squashed their chances of hosting  GameDay with the most disappointing 275-yard game ever in their blowout loss to Texas Tech last week.

Conversely, the GameDay crew is already planning its trip to Manhattan, Kan., to do a feature on Heisman darkhorse Collin Klein, who has the Wildcats sitting pretty at 6-0.

—  JOSH JURNOVOY

Leading the way at 34-22 is Rivals’ Bryan “SWIFT ALERT!” Holt, who has his satellite radio programmed to notify him whenever Taylor Swift’s “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together” is playing on any station anywhere. Sorry, Holt, but you actually have to end a real relationship before jamming to breakup songs. One-night stands with grenades don’t count.

In second at 32-24 is The Associated Press’ Mark “I dress like I’m in middle school” Long, who continues to rock the same plaid shorts everybody bought in sixth grade. His closet looks like it came straight from a PacSun catalog. C’mon, man. You’d think a Jaguars beat writer would at least move up to Abercrombie & Fitch.

In third at 31-25 is The Miami Herald’s Matt “They want to fight us“ Watts, who threatened to kill people over the weekend for the following reasons: talking, eating potato chips, not stopping the car for a cigarette break, listing to the Paul Finebaum Show, holding a six-pack of Smirnoff Ice and much, much more. What a guy!

In fourth at 30-26 is The Palm Beach Post’s Jason “Anywhere but Haiti or Detroit” Lieser, who isn’t picky about where he raises his kids, save for two locations. Apparently things like quality public school systems and low crime rates are overrated. “Let’s just move to Antarctica, honey. It’s whatever!”

In fifth at 29-27 is alligatorSports editor Greg “Who wants to watch me on camera?” Luca, who said earlier this week no one wants to hear what any of us has to say on video. Sadly, you are half-right. The people would rather you stay behind the lens. It isn’t your words. It’s just, they’d rather not see you.

In sixth at 28-28 is alligatorSports writer Adam “Super Size Me!” Pincus, who visited a White Castle stone-cold sober and ordered 10 burgers, two orders of fries and two boxes of chicken rings all for himself. Have some self control, man.

In seventh at 27-29 is alligatorSports assistant editor Joe “I have weird fetishes” Morgan, who for some reason couldn’t stop raving about foam fingers. After a box was delivered to the office, he dove right in and began smelling the damn things. Dude, that’s weird.

And in dead-ass last place with a piss-poor record of 25-31 is alligatorSports writer Josh “The party never stops!” Jurnovoy, who dropped $75 in downtown Nashville on Friday night and was still wearing his over-21 paper bracelet on Tuesday. Well, I guess you got your money’s worth!