<p>Sen. Carly Wilson gives a goodbye speech at the final Senate meeting of the semester, during which old senators said farewell and new senators gave introductions at the Reitz Union on Tuesday night.</p>

Sen. Carly Wilson gives a goodbye speech at the final Senate meeting of the semester, during which old senators said farewell and new senators gave introductions at the Reitz Union on Tuesday night.

Student senators certified last week’s elections results at Tuesday night’s meeting.

The Student Senate had two meetings — one with the old senators and another with the newly elected ones.

At the first meeting, Sen. Carly Wilson raised concerns about the number of votes in District E.

According to election results, 1,806 people voted in District E. Wilson referenced last Fall’s elections, which she said 500 votes in District E were considered an anomaly.

“It really scared me because that shouldn’t happen,” she said during the meeting.

Supervisor of Elections Stephen Davis said according to the codes, the information used for student addresses is from the university registrar.

Davis said the students might not have technically been voting in the wrong district, because about 20,000 students are registered for District E.

Wilson proposed waiting a week to certify the results to discuss the testing process used by SG Information Technology Services.

Sen. Andy Schein disagreed.

“Not passing these results right now is delaying the whole legislative process,” he said.

During the second meeting, Student Body President Tj Villamil said the results were not anybody’s fault and that students were clicking and not reading the confirmation pages carefully enough.

Villamil said he is working with administration to fix this problem before next Fall’s elections.

UF Supreme Court Chief Justice Matt Michel swore in the new senators.

The sworn-in senators also elected Sen. Christina Bonarrigo as the new Senate President and Sen. Daniel Landesberg as the new Senate President Pro Tempore.

Bonarrigo said that as president, she wants to have constructive debates in chambers and increase transparency and communication.

“I know it will be the best Senate we’ve seen in a long time,” she said after the meeting.

As Senate Pro Tempore, Landesberg will lead the Replacement and Agenda Committee. He said he will be nonpartisan.

The Senate elects a new president and president pro tempore after every SG election.

The Senators chose Amit Gangrade for the split District D seat. That seat was split between Gangrade and Micaela Montero Dokser, who are both Students Party members.

Contact Samantha Shavell at sshavell@alligator.org.