People can celebrate UF’s push to go green on the Reitz Union North Lawn today with a carnival-themed Campus Sustainability Day.

The Office of Sustainability is sponsoring the event, which will run from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., along with about 10 student organizations to raise awareness about sustainability on campus.

Each organization will have a booth with information on the group and on going green.

Every organization’s booth will feature carnival-style games, said Laurel Nesbit, program assistant for the Office of Sustainability.

To continue with the trend of sustainability, Nesbit said the carnival games will be made out of repurposed materials due to the organizations’ small budgets.

“Their budgets are small but their imaginations are big,” she said.

Allison Goldberg, a 19-year-old UF geography sophomore specializing in environmental geosciences and president of Gators for a Sustainable Campus, said students need to care about sustainability on campus.

Goldberg said she has seen many campus organizations reach out to Gators for a Sustainable Campus and ask how their organization can recycle.

“I just hope that people understand more the implications of being wasteful,” she said. “I feel that having so many varied organizations together will help create more unity to show that sustainability is big on campus, and hopefully that will translate into some kind of activism.”