Beer and wine tasting benefits Florida Organic Growers’ programs

The crowd at Cafe C will raise its glasses to a good cause tonight.

Florida Organic Growers is hosting a beer and wine tasting fundraiser from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Cafe C.

Tickets are $25 online at www.foginfo.org and $35 at the door. All proceeds will benefit the Florida Organic Growers’ programs, particularly the expansion of the Gainesville Initiative for Tasty Gardens, or GIFT Garden program.

Lynn Maxx, managing director for Florida Organic Growers, said the GIFT Garden program builds raised-bed vegetable gardens for low-income families.

Florida Organic Growers hopes to host its beer and wine tasting at Cafe C annually, Maxx said.

At the event, attendees can sample organic and nonorganic beers and wines donated by Swamp Head Beer Brewery and Tangled Oaks Vineyard.

Two beer and wine experts will lead the tasting. Maxx expects about 100 people to attend.

“It is a very Gainesville-centered fundraiser,” said Danielle Blansett, office manager of Florida Organic Growers. “It is going to be an enjoyable time for people who are attending, and hopefully we can raise support for an organization that does important work for the community.”