If you’re not a Gator, you’re Gator bait.

So far, the mascots of every team our Florida Gators have demolished are food sources for real Florida alligators.

In the wild, Albert and Alberta have diets that can include birds like those representing Bowling Green State University and University of South Carolina. Sometimes, dinner may be a pet like the dogs of Texas A&M University and University of Tennessee, and the cats of the University of Kentucky, Louisiana State University and University of Missouri.

This week, we face a new challenge that’s neither human nor animal: Cayenne. He is both a hot pepper and the mascot of our homecoming rival, Louisiana University at Lafayette.

Although it is unclear whether a Florida alligator would enjoy incorporating this kick into its diet, the “Ragin’ Cajuns” are undeniably Gator bait.

Here is a spicy recipe for Cayenne-rubbed chicken with avocado salsa. There’s no better way to show our dominance as one of the most terrifying creatures in The Swamp than by devouring our opponent at a tailgate Saturday.

Cayenne-Rubbed Chicken with Avocado Salsa

Ingredients:

Coarse salt and ground pepper

1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, (6 to 8 ounces each)

2 tablespoons olive oil

1 medium red onion, finely diced

2 tablespoons fresh lime juice

1 Hass avocado, pitted and cut into chunks

Directions:

In a small bowl, combine 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and cayenne; rub all over chicken.

In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken, and cook until browned on the outside and opaque throughout — 8 to 10 minutes per side.

Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine onion and lime juice and set aside. Just before serving, fold avocado chunks into onion mixture; season with salt and pepper. Serve chicken topped with salsa.

(Recipe from Martha Stewart)