In honor of this week’s time change and nights that get darker a little sooner than we would all like, it’s time to throw the spotlight over to the dark side of craft beer.

With our balmy nights replaced by chilly weather from the north, people are already trading in their crisp summer ales in favor of winter staples like stouts, Imperials, bold Belgians and spice-laden winter seasonals. Often brewed with roasted barley or roasted and kilned malts, these brews take on a darker hue than their summer wheat and lightly roasted counterparts. Dark doesn’t always mean heavy — as Sam Adam’s Black Lager and others have proven — and even the pickiest of beer drinkers can find one that fits their tastes.

Wondering where you can get your hands on an ice-cold glass of your own dark beer? These five local bars have got you covered.

What to order at…Stubbies & Steins

Cigar City Marshal Zhukov Imperial Stout, full-bodied with notes of espresso and dark toffee

Young’s Double Chocolate Stout, sweet stout reminiscent of milk chocolate

Old Rasputin Imperial Stout, an intense, roasty brew with a walloping 9% ABV

What to order at…Loosey’s

Victory Brewing Storm King Stout, Imperial with notes of roasted coffee and a dark chocolate finish

What to order at…Swamp Head Brewery

Catherine’s Inspiration, well-balanced flavors bring out the best in this Russian Imperial stout

Midnight Oil, a must-try for coffee lovers, this brew uses roasted beans from local Sweetwater Organic Coffee Company

What to order at…Gainesville House of Beer

Cigar City Hot Blooded Foreign Stout, medium-bodied brew that’s dark as night

Dogfish Head Craft Brewery Chicory Stout, rustic-inspired stout rounded out by a punch of organic Mexican coffee and licorice root