With the end of election season, the outcome has become a hot discussion topic at UF.

On Wednesday, one of the post-election discussions, titled “What just happened (and didn’t happen)?” featured seven panelists from UF’s department of political science.

The panel was a part of an informational series.

At the panel, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Dean Paul D’Anieri spoke about foreign policy, saying there were a couple attempts to make it an issue, but the issues were abandoned when they didn’t stick.

In addition, Kenneth Wald, a distinguished political science professor, addressed the role of candidates’ religion. Professor Richard K. Scher took up the topic of Florida’s voting past and present and mentioned that the process of counting all the ballots can take weeks.

Senior lecturer Lynn Leverty discussed women voting in the election and the gender gap.

Overall, Michael Martinez, political science chairman and professor, said the turnout was great.

“The more people that talk about the election, the more informed we become,” said psychology senior Taheerah Hawkins, 21.

Bob Graham Center for Public Service will also host a postelection panel at 6 p.m. Nov. 13 in the Buddy and Anne MacKay Auditorium auditorium in Pugh Hall. University of South Florida professor Susan MacManus and UF professor Dan Smith will speak.

The center’s communications director, Shelby Taylor, said the panelists will break down the election outcome. The panel will also stream live on the center’s website.