Grocery Store Wars [VIDEO]

If you don’t have a chance to watch this video, it’s a parody of the original Star Wars movie ("Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back") using various grocery products as characters from the film. The amount of puns used in just five minutes is just astronomical! Instead of the original conflict between the rebels and the empire, it portrays a conflict between organic and non-organic food – “the dark side of the farm”. In a relevant way, this video discusses the shortcomings and problems with non-organic produce. They encourage consumers to join the “organic rebellion” to “expose the dark side’s technological short cuts and their true costs.” By choosing organic produce, consumers know where there food comes from, and avoid harmful pesticide and chemical traces that may be left in their produce. This clever production is a great introduction to why organic is a good idea, without being too technical.

When I first saw this video a few years ago, it definitely struck a chord. This adorably geeky parody played right into my love of Star Wars, the environment and puns. Could it be any more perfect?

It brings up an important message though. The importance of local food cannot be understated — it is the simplest way to reduce the carbon footprint of your produce. Food produced locally cuts the biggest waste of carbon, transportation. 

Be a part of the "Organic Rebellion" today!