An unidentified man who robbed a woman south of campus Sunday night is still at large, according to Gainesville Police.

The victim was walking on Southwest 14th Street at about 7 p.m. when a man approached her from behind and pushed her to the ground, said Lt. Jorge Campos. The man demanded money, which the victim gave to him, then ran west through Summit House Condominiums.

As of 9 p.m., the man was still at large.

The victim described the man as being in his 20s, wearing a dark green shirt and dark pants, of medium build with dark skin. A UF Alert described him as being about 6-feet tall and 160 pounds.

Campos said another call came in after the UF Alert was sent out. Another woman reported she had seen a man matching the UF Alert’s description in the parking lot of Summit House Condominiums begging for money. Police said the timeframe the caller gave was too wide to place the siting before or after the crime was committed.

Campos said anyone who sees someone in the area asking for money or looking out of place should contact Gainesville Police at 352-955-1818 . He also urged students not to walk alone at night.

Contact Michael Scott Davidson at mdavidson@alligator.org.