Oh, sweaters. Who created you? Why are you so awesome, warm and fuzzy? We all enjoy those one or two crewneck sweaters that are impossible to shake off once fall and winter come. Who can blame us? It’s not fun to strip down when it’s 50 degrees outside and put on a new shirt when you already have something warm on.

Fortunately, this season there has been a rise in the crewneck trend. Fashionable women and men are rolling out of bed with his or her favorite sweaters on, accessorizing them and making their snuggly fall friend trendy.

Ladies, style up your chicest crewneck by adding a flirty skirt. Skirts make everything automatically girly. A chic skirt with abstract prints can offset the casualness of a sweater and make the look more presentable for your professional circle. Fitted, straight-leg pants make a crewneck totally fit for a more formal event or evening night out. Add some low heels or flats to complete the look.

Rock your sweater to school in style by pairing it with some high-waist denim shorts and sheer tights. Make it edgy with tough ankle booties.

It’s important to remember that for all of these looks bold accessories are key, so choose a chunky necklace or pile on the arm-candy bracelets to add life to your look.

Gentlemen, keep the crewneck look simple by choosing one with minimal or no patterns. Add a collared shirt underneath for a cleaner schoolboy style that is acceptable for work. Finish the look with cotton pants, preferably in bold colors. Try to avoid jeans so that you don’t look like you just popped in from the ‘90s.

It’s fine to wear a wild graphic crewneck with fresh sneakers. Add a baseball cap or beanie hat to make the look more urban. Style it up however you want, but make sure that all the pieces are clean and well-kept so that you’re not mistaken for a vagabond, or worse, a hipster.

Girls and guys can share their crewnecks with a friend, brother or significant other. If you make the piece your own and wear it with confidence and comfort, people won't question the gender of your sweater. Remember to avoid crewnecks with holes or stains because those are distasteful and not attractive in the least. Pick pieces with simple designs and patterns like animals or symbols, and don’t be too vulgar.