Gators fans will be able to purchase tickets to various UF sporting events at discounted prices on GatorZone today as a part of Cyber Monday.

From 7 a.m. to 10 a.m., discounted tickets will be sold for men’s basketball, women’s basketball, gymnastics and baseball games.

Fred Demarest, assistant athletics director/new media and strategic communications, wrote in an email this is the first time the University Athletic Association has offered this promotion.

“The marketing department originally developed this as a Black Friday sale,” he said. “But after evaluation, Cyber Monday just made a lot more sense. It’s obviously the biggest online shopping day of the year, so it was kind of a no-brainer to target this date.”

The UAA wanted to offer discounted tickets for a variety of sports and games. The first home SEC game for men’s basketball will be discounted, as well as the home opener for gymnastics.

“The ticket office and marketing have worked together to offer a very nice mix of opportunities to purchase affordable tickets in multiple sports,” he wrote. “They’ve offered some nonconference and league games in men’s basketball, some of our women’s hoops programs most attractive matchups, as well as options for our gymnastics and baseball programs.”

Molly Vazquez, a 20-year-old public relations junior, said she plans to buy tickets as a gift.

“My dad has never been to a UF basketball game, so I’m going to buy tickets for him as a Christmas present,” she said.