Christina Bonarrigo announced her candidacy for Student Body president on Turlington Plaza on Thursday afternoon.

The current Student Government Senate president announced she would run as the Swamp Party’s presidential candidate in the Feb. 19 and Feb. 20 SG Spring elections.

Swamp Party spokesman Elliot Grasso said the party had a couple of qualified candidates, but Bonarrigo’s qualifications were unparalleled.

“The choice was pretty clear,” he said.

Bonarrigo, a 22-year-old political science senior, served as a four-term senator, as well as chairwoman for the budget committee, before becoming Senate president in Fall.

After the announcement, the Swamp Party had a board students could sign for platform ideas. Bonarrigo, who signed the board first, wrote that she wanted to eliminate all fees placed on graduate student assistants.

Her other platform points include a campus-wide clicker system, a soft closing for bars at 3 a.m. and no tuition increase next year.

Bonarrigo said she felt humbled to take on the challenge of becoming the fifth female Student Body president in the last 104 years.

“My personal goal is to make this university the best it can be,” she said.

The Swamp Party will announce its candidates for Student Body vice president and treasurer at 12:35 p.m. Monday on the North Lawn.

Contact Samantha Shavell at sshavell@alligator.org.