On Monday, Students Party presidential candidate Johnny Castillo said the following:

”Erasing the divide between the Greek community and other students at UF is crucial to making Student Government an institution we can be proud of.”

Mr. Castillo is entitled to his opinion, but as someone who has dedicated this school year to proving the opposite point, I beg to differ.

My agency — Action SG — consists of members of both parties and of those involved a multitude of student organizations — who are dedicated to extolling the values of SG.

In addition, we’ve launched an SG Ambassador Program with an invite to every single student organization who’d like to know more about SG, and nearly every one of our initial organizations are not Greek organizations.

This past year alone, SG outreach has increased exponentially — from social media to town halls and barbecues.

Just Monday morning students tabled not for a party — but for SG.

I’m proud of an SG that fought for Library West to stay open 24/5, SNAP to go mobile and tuition to not rise through Aim Higher.

I’m proud of an SG that launched mobile deals for students, iPad rentals at Library West and saved students nearly $30,000 on Textbook Discount Day at the bookstore.

I encourage all students to find out what SG is doing for themselves.

You can follow @UF_SG and @UFActionSG on Twitter, or on Facebook at UF Student Government or Action SG.

I’m proud to be in an SG all students should be proud of.