Career Resource Center helps companies with Employer University

The Career Resource Center is extending its educational resources to local employers.

It partnered with the Gainesville Area Chamber of Commerce to develop “Employer University,” which educates employers about recruiting college students. The program also helps businesses brand themselves.

CRC Employer Relations Coordinator Kwanza Caffie created the program after realizing the center wasn’t providing enough education to employers.

The online program consists of 10 free webinars. Up to 25 employers can register for each session.

Tim Giuliani, president and CEO of the Gainesville Area Chamber of Commerce & Council for Economic Outreach, wrote in an email the chamber was excited. He said businesses in the community can recruit students, and students can take advantage of competitive jobs in Gainesville.

“The ‘Employer University’ will give our local businesses the resources to satisfy the increasingly high demand for talent by teaching businesses how to recruit talent from our world-class educational institutions,” he said.

Caffie said she wants employers to be successful with recruiting.

“We plan on this being a core component of our employer education,” she said.