<p><span>Coach Amanda Butler draws up a play during a timeout in Florida’s 88-81 loss to Ole Miss on Jan. 24 in the O’Connell Center. UF’s loss to Missouri on Thursday was its fifth straight defeat.</span></p>
<div><span><br /></span></div>

Coach Amanda Butler draws up a play during a timeout in Florida’s 88-81 loss to Ole Miss on Jan. 24 in the O’Connell Center. UF’s loss to Missouri on Thursday was its fifth straight defeat.

Finding consistent offense has been problematic for the Gators during Southeastern Conference play.

Thursday was no different. 

Florida was held scoreless for more than 6 minutes in the second half, watching its lead evaporate and its losing streak continue.

Missouri used Florida’s late offensive struggles to hand the Gators their fifth consecutive loss, a 69-64 defeat in Mizzou Arena.

“We’re digging ourselves a hole, and we’re making it really, really hard (to win games),” coach Amanda Butler said. 

Leading 49-44 with 11:52 remaining in the second half, the Gators failed to score for the next 6:03. Missouri (14-8, 3-5 SEC) capitalized with a 14-0 run to take a 58-49 lead late in the contest.

Florida recovered from its offensive drought to tie the game at 64 with 1:33 remaining. 

However, Missouri senior Sydney Crafton, who finished with 13 points, scored on consecutive possessions to give the Tigers a 68-64 lead with less than a minute to go in the game.

UF did not respond.

“They made some plays and hit some shots,” Butler said.

“We didn’t.”

The five-game losing streak is Florida’s longest since dropping 13 consecutive games from Dec. 29, 2006 to Feb. 11, 2007, a span that eventually cost then-coach Carolyn Peck her job. 

“We’re just looking for answers right now,” junior Vicky McIntyre said.

“We’ve tried everything.”

Jennifer George finished with her most productive game since first suffering a dislocated shoulder against LSU on Jan. 6. George scored 13 points and grabbed six rebounds. 

McIntyre added 12 points off the bench, equaling her career-best mark with the Gators. 

Florida (13-9, 2-6 SEC) weathered an early storm from sophomore Morgan Eye and the Tigers.

Eye checked into the game for the first time with 14:52 remaining in the first half and quickly connected on her first three attempts from behind the arc. 

Eye, the only player in the nation with at least 80 three-pointers entering Thursday, hit her fourth 4 minutes later while freshman January Miller was simultaneously called for a foul away from the ball. 

Missouri used the momentum to take a 32-20 lead with 4:40 remaining in the first half, but the Gators fought back. 

Florida closed the half on a 14-0 run to take a 34-32 lead into the break before struggling in the closing minutes of the contest.

“We’ve got another SEC ball game in [three] days,” Butler said. “We’ve got to dry our tears and get in there and get ready to battle.”

A radio broadcast contributed to this report.

Contact Phillip Heilman at pheilman@alligator.org