Televisionistas: “New Girl,” Jess

“Who’s that girl? Who’s that girl? It’s Jess!” FOX’s “New Girl” has only been on the air for two seasons, yet it already has a cult following. It wasn’t hard to fall in love with the antics of Schmidt, Cece, Nick, Winston and Jess. Although each character has his or her moments, there is something undeniably enduring about Jess. She’s weird. We love it.

The odd-ball vibe that Jess exudes reflects in her style as well. I wouldn’t be too quick to say she’s trendy (that’s more Cece), but it works well for Jess’s character and can work for others too.

Underneath those heavy bangs, full wavy tresses and Puss in Boots eyes are a bunch of quirky habits that Jess has no shame in expressing, like randomly breaking out in song (don’t lie, you’ve done it before too). All of her actions can equally be expressed through her wardrobe.

Jess is not Megan Fox sexy, and she’s also not overly sophisticated. Therefore, you’re not going to find her clothing to be revealing. She’s playful (how fun would it be to attempt that True American drinking game she invented). And she’s also innocent. So, if you were to open Jess’s closet this is what you would find.

Inside this closet you would be blinded by the colorful collection of sweaters and cardigans. Warning: some might have cats on them. You’d also see quite a few baby doll dresses and 50s inspired looks. Jess is a real throw-back vintage kind of girl.

As you continue to flip through her closet you’re going to run into some pleated skirts and a never-ending supply of tights. You might also pass by a few prints like stripes, tartan and floral. However, if you’re a shoe girl, sorry to disappoint you, but you’re not going to see any Louboutins or Jimmy Choos. Jess likes to keep it simple and comfortable. Feast your eyes on a sea full of flats.

So, here’s so that girl who’s cute and quirky and innocently charming with a pinch of awkward. This one is for you.

Oh, and if you’re wondering about True American, someone attempted to figure out the rules. It’s the weekend. Grab a few friends and give it a try.