<p>Piccio finished her college career Friday with a 75 (+3) in UF's final round of the NCAA Championships. The Gators finished 17th overall.&nbsp;</p>

Piccio finished her college career Friday with a 75 (+3) in UF's final round of the NCAA Championships. The Gators finished 17th overall. 

The Gators women’s golf team shot up six spots in the second round of the Bryan National Collegiate on Saturday and put themselves in a tie for sixth after a day of all-around improvement.

Florida played more of the style of golf that is expected from the sixth-ranked squad and put itself in position to walk away with another top-five finish.

“We had a better day today,” coach Emily Bastel said in the release.

“We started well and finished well. We were able to get some putts to drop. We had a rough stretch in the middle, but I am really pleased with the way the girls hung in there down the stretch.”

Every player for Florida shot at least one stroke better from the first round to the second. The most drastic improvement came from senior Isabelle Lendl’s ten-stroke difference from the first round.

Lendl shot an uncharacteristic 81 ( +9) in the first round but dropped all the way down to a 71 (-1) in the second to lead Florida as the only Gator to shoot under par.

“Isabelle had a much better day today,” Bastel said. “I am happy to see her play well. She showed her toughness by bouncing back from yesterday.”

The other senior playing in her final regular-season tournament is Mia Piccio. Piccio improved two strokes after shooting a 75 (+3) in the second round to tie for 47th.

The second-largest improvement on the day came from junior transfer Elcin Ulu. Ulu has recently found her stroke after playing her best golf in Florida’s last tournament, the SunTrust Gator Invitational.

Ulu currently shares the team lead with sophomore Camilla Hedberg after both tied for 27th after two rounds. Ulu shot a 73 (+1) in the second round and Hedberg shot a 74 (+2).

The last starter for Florida was freshman Ursa Orehek, who improved two strokes to put herself in a tie for 37th. Orehek shot a 74 (+2.

The championship round will be held Sunday, and it could potentially go down in Florida history. If Hedberg makes a comeback and catches leader Brittany Altomare from Virginia (-4), it would give her four individual victories on the season, making it arguably the most successful season in Florida golf history.