For those of you who think music cannot be released from the grave, think again. “People, Hell and Angels,” a complete album consisting of 12 of Jimi Hendrix’s unreleased tapes, dropped last week.

The album features songs that have never before seen the light as well as new versions of classic Hendrix hits.

Unlike previous albums like “Crash Landing,” “People, Hell and Angels” has stripped songs of previously recorded overdubs and presents a completely authentic sound. Fans have consistently criticized the tampering of previous Hendrix albums, which didn’t possess the true Hendrix vibe that fans crave.

The music was mostly recorded in 1968 and ’69, only one year before Hendrix’s death. This album not only includes songs from “Band of Gypsys,” but also includes musical collaboration with legendary rock stars such as Stephen Stills, Lonnie Youngblood and Larry Lee.

Although fans have previously heard many of these songs, the new versions on this album are unlike any that have been previously recorded. They exemplify a potential new direction Hendrix would have taken had he not met his fate back in 1970.

“Somewhere,” which features Stephen Stills, is an exceptional track that screams Hendrix. It throws you back completely to his “Purple Haze” guitar riffs, while still presenting you with a new sound due to Still’s mellow bass.

Fans can even find throwbacks to Woodstock with new versions of “Hear My Train a Comin’” and “Izabella,” which have a more manageable sound on the new album than on “Live at Woodstock.” The new versions of these tracks are cut down by at least half of the Woodstock recordings (“Hear My Train a Comin’” from approximately 10 minutes to five) making them iPod-friendly.

Hendrix’s true blues, R&B nature is broadcasted throughout this entire album with songs like, “Easy Blues,” “Mojo Man,” and “Let Me Move You.” However, each song still possesses that great Hendrix sound that we all love.

“People, Hell and Angels” reminds us why Hendrix is revered as a legendary guitarist. His spirit, as well as his experimental curiosity, is displayed throughout the album, ending with the perfect amount of teaser that can’t help but make us wonder, what would he have done next?