Sometimes the Oaks Mall just doesn’t cut it when you’re trying to shop on a budget, or find new pieces that are a little off the radar. That’s the moment when you have to turn around, walk out and on a hunt for new stores. Gainesville definitely has some gems that a worth checking out, not only for clothes, but other great trinkets as well.

Sandy’s Savvy Chic Retail Boutique: 4148 NW 13th St.

I know you’re thinking how much of a mouthful the name of this store is, but their inventory is just as massive. So, if you’re scouting out new places, Sandy’s would be an excellent place to spend some quality clothing time. Sandy’s is a clothing resale shop, the largest in Gainesville, (think Plato’s Closet on steroids), so you can also send in some of your gently used items and make a little cash. They have an abundant assortment of clothes, shoes, bags, furniture and home decor. Don’t by any means think this is a small production. Sandy’s had brands from Forever 21 and Gap to Dolce & Gabbana and Jimmy Choo. If you don’t see anything here that catches your eye, you’re obviously not looking. There is something for everyone here.

Gainesville Attic Resale Store: 300 NW 8th Ave.

If you’re rolling around Gainesville blasting Macklemore with only $20 in your pocket, this is the place for you. This resale store, run by Haven Hospice, is a treasure trove for trinkets. If you’re on the hunt you might be able to find some cool wardrobe pieces, but there are definitely some items that look like they could be your grandmother’s clothes. However, they have great odds and ends items that can be an ideal fit for decorating your dorm room or apartment, like their vintage records for 50 cents. All you need is a little creativity.

Persona Vintage Clothing and Costumes: 201 SE 2nd Place

If you’re trendy and a little bit out there with your personal style, Persona Vintage is the perfect place to check out. You’ll be able to walk away with a new piece of clothing that will call your closet home or at least a savvy new accessory to sport around Gainesville. However, that aspect is only half of this clothing store. Persona Vintage also houses costumes for various occasions. Let’s face it, college is known for having a few themed parties every once in a while, so why not go all out with some great pieces to pull it all together.