Being funny is just another day in the life of Trevor Moore.

Moore is the founder and leader of the comedy troupe Whitest Kids U’ Know and a regular correspondent on “The Tonight Show” with Jay Leno. He also co-directed, co-wrote and co-starred in the 2009 comedy film “Miss March.”

The Whitest Kids U’ Know concluded its fifth and final season on the Independent Film Channel in June 2011.

The troupe is on the East Coast leg of its 2013 North American tour, and will perform a comedy show at High Dive at 7:30 p.m. Friday. Tickets are available at www.TicketWeb.com.

The Avenue sat down with Moore to talk about the tour, his upcoming comedy album “Drunk Texts to Myself,” (available March 26) and how life has been for WKUK since the ending of the show.

Q: What can fans expect from your Gainesville performance?

A: We used to do the show as a live show before it was a TV show. ...We do popular sketches that we’ve had, sketches that have done well on YouTube. We also do some deep cuts from the TV show, ones that we like that are more obscure. Then, we also do some sketches that we can’t really do on a TV show that work more as live pieces.

Q: Since WKUK wrapped, how has the dynamic between the guys been?

A: Our dynamic hasn’t really changed a whole bunch. The biggest difference is that we all don’t live in the same city. ...We all come together to do these tours. We’ve been in this troupe for 13 years now, so it’s kind of like riding a bicycle.

Q: Where does the inspiration for sketches come from?

A: I like a lot of social commentary stuff. I guess I have a fairly apparent disdain for authority. I guess that would be the common thread with a lot of Whitest Kids stuff and the videos I’m doing now.

Q: What was the process of arranging songs and skits on your album “Drunk Texts to Myself”?

A: “Drunk Texts to Myself” was fun because I tend to send myself drunk texts all the time — like little messages or notes. Instead of writing things on the refrigerator door, I’ll just text myself when I’m drunk. But then the next day, I never understand what any of these things are. So, I just said, “I’m going to just take a bunch of them from the last six months and put them to a tune.” So, those are all my actual drunk texts. Those are all real.