You know what big ears mean: big news.

Mickey Mouse shorts are returning to the Disney Channel June 28 as a throwback to Walt Disney’s original vision of the character.

The 19 episodes are hand-drawn in the ‘30s 2-D style, similar to the animation of “Steamboat Willie,” which was used when Mickey originally debuted in 1928.

A sneak peak of the shorts can be viewed at www.disney.com, where Disney has posted “Croissant de Triomphe,” a short that takes place in France.

The three-minute short follows Mickey as he runs desperately through Paris, trying to deliver croissants to Minnie Mouse at her cafe.

The other shorts follow Mickey through a variety of places including Venice, Italy; Santa Monica, Calif.; Tokyo; New York; Beijing and the Alps. In these new environments, Mickey will face challenges with the help of his old friends Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, Minnie Mouse, Goofy and Pluto.

The first episodes will premiere on the Disney Channel, but can also be seen on www.disney.com or through the WATCH Disney Channel mobile app.

These shorts remind us of how Mickey Mouse came to represent the happiest place on earth.

With his happy, silly ways, Mickey captures us yet again, providing entertainment in a simple 2-D short.