<p>Local fashion designer Jacquelyn Brooks walks alongside models in her clothes after showing her collection at Gainesville Fashion Week.</p>

Local fashion designer Jacquelyn Brooks walks alongside models in her clothes after showing her collection at Gainesville Fashion Week.

Friday fashion runway shows

My Style: Sporty glam

Blue lights reflected off the ceiling, adding to the cool atmosphere of Friday’s runway show in the University Air Center’s Mustang Hangar.

The first model set the mood for Fresh Heirs’ jaunty collection, carrying a yellow smiley-faced balloon that complemented a colorful plaid dress topped with a fly transparent jacket. Big hair added to the experience of models rocking pieces of army fatigue and slightly eerie graphic tees.

Jacquelyn Brooks Designs, known for custom gameday dresses, cruisewear and semiformal attire, was all about prints and symmetry. Her funky-fabulous ‘60s-inspired collection incorporated smoky lavender and chartreuse, repeating patterns with each look. Models swayed down the stage in wide-bottomed pants, skirts and dresses belted at the waist, making an imprint on the runway.

Built bodies in beachwear lined with bright horizontal stripes and sea prints started the Macy’s Men’s collection, which evolved into a schoolboy look, featuring pinstriped shorts and button-downs. The men wore soft pinks and yellows and rocked the stage with color-blocks of blues and greens. They couldn’t have looked cleaner for spring.

Miami singer Kairo Gudino, aka Chalk, gave spectators a break from their fashion high and sang original songs inspired by the late ‘70s and early ‘90s. He was followed by Anomaly, a UF dance crew, which splattered the stage while dancing in red and black.

The White House Black Market show demonstrated to the crowd it’s the little details that count. Spiced up with black and silver diamond accessories, this mature and sophisticated collection demanded respect in black and white. During some parts of the show, it strayed away, incorporating pop-color shades of purple, all the while upholding its simplicity.

Headlining Designer Jay Nicolas Sario closed the show by displaying his collection from Thursday night, stealing the show for a second night in a row.