Music festivals are taking over the world. Whether it’s festa-this or palooza-that, music festivals have become the hottest pastime for music lovers across the country.

With the transition from spring to summer, we are presented with a three-day adventure in April an hour and 15 minutes north of Gainesville: the Wanee Music Festival.

Headlining, as always, is The Allman Brothers Band accompanied by Widespread Panic. The three-day festival kicks off April 18 and lasts until April 20 at the Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park in Live Oak, Fla.

The lineup features Michael Franti & Spearhead, Gov’t Mule, Tedeschi Trucks Band, Les Claypool’s Duo De Twang, Steel Pulse, Galactic and Friends, and more.

This year, Wanee will pair up with Conscious Alliance to co-host an Art That Feeds Food Drive. Anyone who donates 20 nonperishable food items to the Conscious Alliance gallery at the festival will receive a free Wanee festival poster, according to the festival’s website.

“I think it’s awesome that festivals get involved in making a difference in this world, especially a festival that’s outdoors in a natural setting — not on some race track,” said Michael Franti of Michael Franti & Spearhead.

Voice of the Wetlands Allstars will also perform. This jazzy blues group, which comprises members from other Louisiana funk bands, tours in support of the preservation of Louisiana’s wetlands.

“Music is something that really unites people,” Franti said. “It doesn’t matter if it’s 10 people at my house and we’re all jamming and playing guitars ... or it’s 10,000 people at a festival. Music has this way of bringing us together.”

Tickets are on sale at www.waneefestival.com for $215, which includes primitive camping and three days of shows.