<p>Daniel Landesberg answers questions during his nomination to be Accent Speaker’s Bureau agency head. The Senate approved all 50 Student Government executive committee nominations Tuesday night.</p>

Daniel Landesberg answers questions during his nomination to be Accent Speaker’s Bureau agency head. The Senate approved all 50 Student Government executive committee nominations Tuesday night.

Forty-six out of the 50 Student Government executive committee nominations sailed through unanimous Student Senate approval Tuesday night.

But four nominations raised flags for a few senators.

Students Party senators attempted to block the approval of Frank Plageman as the agency head of Gators Going Green, Daniel Landesberg for the agency head of Accent Speaker’s Bureau, Dan Levin for the agency head of Student Government Productions and Sydney Kaplan as the executive director for Chomp the Vote.

Sen. Morgan Vollrath cited that 20 of the past 23 Accent chairs have been members of Alpha Epsilon Pi fraternity and eight of the past 10 chairs of SGP have been members of Theta Chi fraternity.

“It seems that once again the majority party has filled positions based on organization, not merit,” he said.

Sen. TK Yang defended the nominees and said they should not be criticized for what organization they belong to.

“I don’t think it’s really fair that because you’re part of an organization where other members have held positions in the past, that shouldn’t be held against you,” he said after the meeting.

After a lengthy debate, the four nominations were approved by the Senate.

The new executive committee appointees begin their terms on April 24.

Contact Colleen Wright at cwright@alligator.org.