UF’s Levin College of Law Black Law Students Association was recognized as the national chapter of the year at the annual National Black Law Students Association Convention in Atlanta. UF Law’s association beat about 200 other groups and received the NBLSA’s highest award and honor given to any chapter, according to a press release.

The association’s negotiations team also won first place in the international negotiation competition.

Atiya Munroe, a 28-year-old UF second-year law student and member of the negotiations team, said she and her partner, Laselve Harrison, a 24-year-old UF second-year law student, were given a situation that had occurred internationally.

Munroe said the team negotiates with another team to meet the goals the client in their situation had.

She said it was a great feeling to see the team’s hard work over the past several months pay off.

Brandon Campbell, a 24-year-old UF second-year law student and president of the association, said the award shows UF produces well-rounded students and the law school is at a transition point.

“We are a law school that believes in and uplifts diversity,” he said.