<p>Juan and Annie Jones, of Lake City, eat an early dinner with their children at the Wingstop on Southwest 20th Avenue. The opening of two additional branches in the Gainesville area is currently in the works.</p>

Juan and Annie Jones, of Lake City, eat an early dinner with their children at the Wingstop on Southwest 20th Avenue. The opening of two additional branches in the Gainesville area is currently in the works.

Homestyle chain restaurant Wingstop isn’t chicken about expanding in Gainesville.

The national chicken wing chain recently signed a development agreement with local businessman Stan Given that will bring two new locations to the Gainesville area.

Given, who owns the Wingstop at 4310 SW 20th Ave., as well as the local Heavenly Ham and Flying Biscuit Cafe franchises, said he anticipates a strong showing at the opening.

“There’s no other concept like Wingstop in Gainesville,” Given said. “Our restaurant has a great following, and I’m confident that wing and sports fans will continue lining up as we open new locations.”

Given said the details for the opening of the two new restaurants are still being negotiated.

Sydney Spofford, a 17-year-old UF freshman from Jensen Beach, Fla., said Wingstop’s expansion will give students another opportunity to go somewhere new to eat.

Although she’s visited Wingstop before, Spofford said she want to try more of the restaurant’s 10 sauce flavors that coat the cooked-to-order chicken and homestyle side dishes.

“I would like to try the different combination of flavors — something new that I have never tried,” she said.

Journa Cobite, a 20-year-old UF sociology junior, said the new locations can give incoming freshmen more options, as well as boost the customer base.

“With the expansion of their new locations, Wingstop will be able to gain new customers,” she said.