Trends — sometimes no one knows what to think about them. They either can be very ingenious fashion pieces, or they can make you think, “What the hell is this crap?”

Once a trend fades out, it usually never comes back — but not for certain accessories and clothes. Some are coming back this fall, according to ELLE magazine. And they aren’t the awesome trends that most of us love.

Here are the top 11 trends that should have stayed dead:

11. The Trucker Hat:

Um, this was a trend? For 13-year-old girls maybe. But apparently the trucker hat was seen in Marc Jacobs’ line this season and has made a comeback. This look could be pulled off at the beach or on a casual shopping day, but it definitely wouldn’t work any other time.

10. Overalls:

Annnnnd it’s back — this trend is by far one of the worst. Nothing can make overalls appear attractive. (Well, maybe Victoria Beckham…) But denim overalls are very in this season and are even being paired with cropped blazers and heels.

9. Colored Mascara:

Wearing colored mascara can be a cute trend. Shades like plums and violets look exceptionally well during the nighttime — especially girls with green, brown or hazel eyes — so this trend isn’t awful. However, it can look amateur if you wear wild colors, so watch out for too much overload.

8. The Logo Sweater:

Fashion clothing lines like Nasty Gal have made logo sweaters popular again. Donning hilarious sayings or your favorite super hero can be tastefully done or can be a huge disaster. And the wilder the saying — the better.

7. Bootcut Jeans:

It is true. Bootcut jeans are back. But this trend should be worn sparingly (e.g. work and other business events). Honestly, this trend depends on the girl and whether the bootcut style looks good on her.

6. The White Heel:

I think this trend came back only because it’s summer time and due to the fact that “The Great Gatsby” movie is out. White heels are old-fashioned and are nothing compared to black heels. This trend should have stayed dead.

5. The Perm:

Fact: Nobody gets perms anymore. Or should I say instead, nobody should get perms anymore. Curls have always had a way of weaving in and out of style, but getting a perm is going too far.

4. The Crop Top:

Due to the amount of midriff baring this trend promotes, crop tops should have never come back. Not only does it not serve a purpose, but it also doesn’t look good. Who wants to wear an expensive shirt that comes with half the material you’re supposed to get?

3. The Plaid Flannel:

This trend isn’t too bad. But flannel should be worn only in the fall and winter. At least you can pair this with a cute pair of jeans and combat boots and still look cute.

2. White Eyeliner:

Eyeliner is made black for a reason. Do I need to go any further?

1. Hair Mousse:

I don’t think hair mousse ever went out of style…but OK. For the naturally curly-haired women, this is great news. Not only can you save yourself from spending an excessive amount of time on your hair, but you will also look great tossing in some mousse and showing off those gorgeous curls.