Stadium Club opens leasing ahead of August completion

<p>A construction worker lays bricks while working on a new parking garage Wednesday afternoon behind Roberts’ Stadium Club on University Avenue. It should be completed in August.</p>
<div>&nbsp;</div>

A construction worker lays bricks while working on a new parking garage Wednesday afternoon behind Roberts’ Stadium Club on University Avenue. It should be completed in August.

The eight-story, 104-foot Roberts’ Stadium Club complex near Midtown will begin filling up.

It is now leasing commercial units and will open residential leasing soon.

Capital City Bank has already signed a lease with the building and will be going in shortly, said John Thomas, senior vice president realtor for Thomas Group Realty.

Thomas said four other businesses are negotiating with the Stadium Club. Although he couldn’t release the names yet, he said three are nationally known businesses, and the fourth is a local business looking to relocate.

When completed, the building, at 1802 W. University Ave., will offer commercial space on the first four floors and residential units in the top half.

“It’s a high profile location, so it’s expensive,” he said, “but in relation to other things on the avenue, it’s priced in line.”

Henri Girl Boutique, which already moved into the ground floor of the Stadium Club complex, relocated from a plaza on Archer Road in March.

Alix Kissinger, assistant manager of Henri Girl Boutique, said the new location better suits the business’ needs.

“It’s summer right now, so it’s kind of slow,” she said, “but I feel like it’s a really good location being so close to campus.”

Some customers have commented on a lack of parking spaces for the complex.

Mary Labance, a 20-year-old microbiology and cell science senior, said she walks to How Do You Roll?, the sushi restaurant on the first floor of the building, because parking is limited.

“It’s right across the street from campus, so it was convenient,” she said.

But the six-story parking garage, still in the construction phase, behind Stadium Club should help, Thomas said. It will hold 88 cars and should be finished in August.