Aussie artist on the rise: Emma Louise

It seems as though Aussie musicians are on the rise lately—and Emma Louise is one of those emerging artists from the land Down Under.

Hailing from Brisbane, Australia, this young, fearless musician penned memorable, low-key songs on her new album, “vs Head vs Heart”, that stick with the listener well after hearing each song. At an early age, she left her home and moved to New York City where she played at a couple of small venues and grew immensely at her craft. 

After winning ‘Breakthrough Independent Artist’ at the 2011 Independent Music Awards, Louise also received awards such as ‘Song of the Year’, ‘Best Pop Song’ and ‘Best Singer-Songwriter’ at the 2011 Queensland Music Awards. Now the quiet Aussie artist is making her way to the States, bringing a fresh new wave of indie pop music. 

Her most popular song, “Jungle”, tricks the listener into thinking that it’s another catchy pop song, but that notion quickly dies as the song progresses. Between the heart-gripping lyrics and immaculate vocal range, Louise displays how much talent she has and how much more she will unfold through her musical career. 

“Boy” starts off mellow but transforms into an addictive song that exudes powerful feeling and lyrics that make it a perfect song to show your friends, to drive to or add to your study playlist.

Within each song, Louise creates art and reveals how deep she feels. Finding music that hasn’t lost its originality is hard to find; Louise resurrects the lost art of pure music through her vivid lyrics and sound.