Celebrity relationships to look up to (for a change)

I’ve always said Hollywood’s finest are known for two things: scandals and short marriages. Kim Kardashian is a prime example. She rose to fame for a less than appealing reason (for those of you who don’t know what I’m talking about, just Google “Kim K and Ray J”) and the next time she really found herself in the paparazzi’s bright light, other than her recent rise to motherhood, Kardashian was announcing the end of her 72-day marriage to NBA player Kris Humphries.

But like most things in life, one person or mistake shouldn’t ruin it for the rest of them.

Here are three celebrity couples that are still together for better or for worse:

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie (8 years, 6 kids)

Now, I have to admit: I’ve always been on Team Aniston. However, these “Mr. & Mrs. Smith” stars should receive some credit. From adoptions to the rumors of how the two got together in the first place to Jolie’s recent preventative double mastectomy, this couple has been through quite a few flaming hoops. And although they haven’t been together a decade just yet nor have they officially tied the knot, the Jolie-Pitt clan has proved to be a strong bunch.

Jada Pinkett and Will Smith (16 years, 2 kids)

Since 1997, Jada Pinkett and Will Smith have taken the entertainment industry by storm. Sixteen years and two kids later, they are considered one of the richest families in the world. Despite various infidelity rumors, the couple maintains they are stronger than ever. And if their two successful children are any representation of that, they are definitely telling the truth.

President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama (21 years, 2 kids)

You may not agree with his political views, but it’s no question that this man pretty much has the hardest job in the world, and I’m sure it doesn’t come stress free. It takes a lot of love and trust to make a relationship under that much public scrutiny work, but the Obama’s make it look fairly easy. After 21 years, these two can probably make it through anything.

Take it from these three couples. No matter what the circumstances, if you both put in time and effort and your relationship is strong enough, the two of you can survive and your relationship can last.