Are your wallets feeling particularly heavy? Do you find yourself holding too much money in your pocket and need a way to be rid of this extra weight? Well fear not my friend! Steam’s annual summer sale has begun, sending a veritable summer avalanche of discounted games for you to sink all of that disposable income into.

Steam, Valve’s online game retailer is offering daily discounts on over 1000 titles until July 22, including popular gamess such as "Left 4 Dead 2," "Bioshock Infinite" and "Dishonored." And if that weren’t enough options for you, new games will be cycled out for even bigger daily discounts through 24-hour "Daily Deals" and 8-hour "Flash Sales" which provide even larger discounts on individual games for a limited time. Additionally, gamers will have the option to vote for what game’s they want to go on sale through the Community’s Choice Voting Sales.

This year, Valve has taken the opportunity to introduce its new trading card system which offers collectible virtual cards that can later be customized into badges, backgrounds or other rewards for those who buy certain discounted games.

For those who have no idea what I’m referring to, Steam is a digital video game distribution service created by Valve which allows users to buy and download games or software.  I’d continue to give commentary on the loads of price drops and game selections for you out there, but I think it’d be beyond necessary at this point as you’re probably already rummaging through the sales. Be mindful though, Steam is getting a lot of server traffic at the moment and you may have trouble exploring things until the lag settles out.