The ultimate throwback Thursday summer jam

Endless summer days driving along the freeway come to mind whenever I listen to “Lazy Eye” by Silversun Pickups. Even though this song seems like it should’ve been featured in the opening of a 90s film, this throwback was released in 2006 and remained Silversun Pickups’ most popular song; and it’s pretty obvious why it has remained the top pick. 

This song is a mixture between Placebo and Wheatus and makes you feel like it could be a part of your life soundtrack. The steady guitar beat and restive lyrics make this song addictive and played constantly on repeat.

The abrupt, powerful singing toward the end evokes so much feeling and puts me into a reverie during every humid, summery drive by the beach in south Florida. Each summer, I usually have that special one song that sums up my summer in a nutshell; “Lazy Eye” is definitely it.

With its driving beat, emotional lyrics and addictive chords, this song is a great throwback to listen to with friends or reminisce about those unforgettable, crazy summer memories.