He might win gold medals, but Ryan Lochte can’t win viewers.

After one season of low ratings, E! Entertainment decided not to sign on to another season of Lochte’s reality show, “What Would Ryan Lochte Do?

Lochte’s show lacked certain elements that make reality shows succeed, according to Jessica Mahone, an adjunct lecturer in the UF Department of Telecommunication.

“There has to be an element of drama,” Mahone said, “and I don’t think there was any drama in the Ryan Lochte show.”

According to USA Today, the season finale had about 300,000 viewers. The show followed the UF alumnus and Olympic gold medalist around in his daily life. Episodes showed Lochte at Midtown hot spots like 101 Cantina and Balls as he used his signature catchphrase “jeah.”

“It was more like ‘let’s follow Ryan Lochte around and see what dumb things he says,’” said Mahone.

Elisabeth Crane admits to watching a few episodes of the show.

The 20-year-old UF criminology and law sophomore tuned into a couple of episodes but found the show pointless.

“Gold medals can only get you so far,” she said. “I’d be more interested in Michael Phelps.”

Lochte could not be reached for comment.

A version of this story ran on page 8 on 9/26/2013 under the headline "WWRLD? No one cares"