Beauty and wellness during the fall

face
face

I turned on the radio today and Lana del Rey was singing about Summertime Sadness, but personally, I’m starting to feel pretty down now that it’s fall. Between homework, tests, readings, working two jobs and still trying to have a social life (what is that, am I right?), I’m ready to drop! It’s hard to manage, and it’s even harder to look good while doing it.

Fortunately, I have some solutions. Even if you don’t have time to primp for school or work, you can still put your best face forward — pun intended.

1. Drink lots of water! This probably goes without saying, but you might be surprised how much better you feel throughout the day when you’re properly hydrated. Plus, your skin will thank you; water can help keep it glowing even if you’re not feeling your best.
  2. Use a moisturizer. Hydrated skin is fuller and brighter, and using a moisturizer that has an acne medication like salicylic acid can help prevent breakouts when you’re the most stressed. I use: Neutrogena Naturals Multi-Vitamin Nourishing Moisturizer.
  3. Invest in dry shampoo. If you don’t have time to wash your hair every day or want to reap the benefits of a good hair day a little longer, a good dry shampoo will absorb excess oil and give your hair body and volume so styling for a second (or third) day is easier. I use: Batiste Dry Shampoo in Original.
  4. Find a good concealer. Even if you haven’t slept in 28 hours, your eyes don’t have to show it! A quick application of concealer under the eye can do wonders; that way, you won’t hear rounds of “Are you okay?” and “Are you sick?” when you’re too tired to put your face on in the morning. I use: Revlon PhotoReady Concealer in Light/Medium.
  5. Schedule naps. I know it sounds weird, but if you set aside 20 minutes for a quick cat nap, you’ll feel a huge difference! Short, more frequent respites from working and studying can help you power through the day instead of feeling groggy and unfocused.