The Bagel Bakery: quality breakfast and brunch

bagel
bagel

The Bagel Bakery is your typical café-style breakfast joint, similar to Einstein’s and Panera Bread, but with a homey twist.

Their food is nothing super original or unusual, but you can’t go wrong with their bagels and sandwiches. Plus their atmosphere is bright and cheerful, perfect for starting your day off the right way.

The Bagel Bakery serves an assortment of baked goods, bagels, sandwiches, wraps, coffee and espresso-based beverages. You can order your breakfast sandwich on focaccia bread, a bagel flavor of your choice or a croissant.

I ordered the Californian sandwich on an onion bagel with chipotle mayonnaise. The sandwich came with turkey, Swiss cheese, alfalfa sprouts, avocado, lettuce and tomato. Again, nothing super original, but it was very good and filling.

I also ordered a vanilla blended coffee, which came with whipped cream and mocha drizzle on top. The drink was really delicious. It was the perfect frozen consistency and had a subtle vanilla flavor underneath the coffee flavor.

The Bagel Bakery definitely makes up for their lack of originality with friendly service and a cheery atmosphere. They deliver a simple, quality product at a reasonable price.

The restaurant is primarily a breakfast and brunch place, but they serve lunch sandwiches in addition to their breakfast food. It’s also a great place to bring your laptop, read the paper or have casual business meetings.

The Bagel Bakery, located on 4113 NW 16th Blvd., is about a 10-minute drive from campus.