Bus routes altered for Homecoming events, Veterans Day

Some bus routes will be detoured, and others will be shut down Friday and Monday due to UF Homecoming festivities and Veterans Day.

Friday, RTS will not run Routes 21, 27, 28, 38, 39, 41, 46, 62 and 76, according to an RTS news release.

Campus shuttle routes 117, 118, 119, 120, 122, 125, 126 and 127, will also be reduced Friday.

Shuttle route 121 to the Commuter Lot will not be operating at all.

RTS marketing and communications manager Chip Skinner said the company will retain bus service as long as possible and change the routes in phases to keep things flowing smoothly as University Avenue shuts down for the UF Homecoming Parade.

During the parade, bus routes 1, 5, 6, 8, 10, 15, 25, 34, 118, 119, 120, 122, 125 and 127 will have detours beginning at about 10 a.m., which will last until the parade route opens to regular traffic at about 2 p.m.

For Gator Growl on Friday night, Gator Aider services will be available from the Oaks Mall.

Football game shuttles will take their usual routes Saturday, and Sunday service will not be impacted.

In observance of Veterans Day, all bus routes will be suspended Monday.

The RTS office will be closed as well.

Normal RTS services are due to resume Tuesday.

A version of this story ran on page 1 on 11/7/2013 under the headline "Bus routes altered for Homecoming events"