Dieting tips for the holiday season

It’s officially November, which means the holiday season is upon us. Shops and stores are stocking up on anything and everything pumpkin spice, peppermint, gingerbread and candy cane flavored.

You’ve worked hard all year for that healthy bod and you’re worried that you’ll have to go on an extra strict diet to ensure you don’t gain a few extra pounds this holiday season.

Well fear not, you don’t have to go on some crazy diet to stay healthy and fit.

Being a fellow foodie myself (I am guilty of eating too many of my aunts cream-cheese filled cornbread muffins), I have compiled a few tips and tricks to help you come out victorious in this battle against the holiday feast.

1. Don’t deprive yourself from food all day while anxiously awaiting the big holiday meal. Have smaller meals throughout the day so that you don’t completely throw off your metabolism. This might also help you eat a little less than you would have otherwise.

2. Sit as far away as possible from the basket full of bread. This way, you’ll be less tempted to grab more than you can eat.

3. Take it slow. Your food isn’t going to walk off the plate, and if your family is anything like mine you’ll have leftovers for days. Plus this way you can enjoy the great company and conversation.

4. Moderation is key. You’ll most likely be going to more than one dinner or party in the coming months so don’t feel like you have to eat everything you see.

5. Don’t skip the veggies! These will give you a healthier, more balanced meal.

6. Continue with your workout routine. Even better, get the whole family involved and head out for a family football or soccer game. We live in Florida after all, which means it can’t be that cold outside.

7. If you are traveling, plan ahead. Check out nearby places you can go for a run or jog, even a walk is beneficial.

8. Lastly, don’t forget to enjoy yourself. This is the time of year we all get together to celebrate our friends and family, so don’t be too hard on yourself.

These are just a few things you can do to stay on track this holiday season. Feel free to share any of your tips and tricks! Happy Holidays!