This fall season, McDonald’s debuted its McCafé pumpkin spice latte, but some UF students do not appear to be “lovin’ it.”

Zach Feldman, a 19-year-old UF economics sophomore, was skeptical of the drink.

“I don’t trust it as much,” he said.

The new McDonald’s drink rivals Starbucks’ pumpkin spice latte, one of the cafe’s best-sellers. Last year, the drink was so popular that Starbucks ran out of the concoction in some stores, according to Time magazine.

The Starbucks beverage ranges from about $4 to $5 a cup, while the McDonald’s cup ranges $2 to $3, depending on size.

John Lollo, a 19-year-old UF business administration sophomore, said he did not think the price gap would make a difference.

“People that are traditionally set in Starbucks ways are going to buy Starbucks,” Lollo said.

The traditional drink, however, has some students worried about the sugar intake.

“The Starbucks ones are really good, but they’re so sugary I never get them,” said Danie Solis, a 20-year-old UF applied physiology and kinesiology junior.

The McDonald’s 16-ounce latte has about 270 calories, while the Starbucks version has 380 calories.

A version of this story ran on page 9 on 11/7/2013 under the headline "McDonald’s joins pumpkin spice bandwagon"