'Sisters' restaurant is a cozy Gainesville secret

Located at 5212 SW 91st Terrace in Gainesville, Florida, Sisters Restaurant is a popular breakfast and brunch joint that bodes an impressive menu. My mother has told me repeatedly to try this place because her friend from work is in love with it, so I decided to do a little research on its reviews and background first.

If you explore Yelp, you’ll find that Sisters is a very quaint and cozy restaurant that has a homey feel. It has warm lighting, wooden tables and bright pieces of art. One reviewer, Travis L. described it as an enjoyable atmosphere with limited seating and a nice outdoor patio area.

Others even said that their waiting staff is extremely friendly and personable, and there is a great variety of menu items that are not generic. For example, there is Challah Bread French Toast, Lemon Blueberry Blintzes and even pancakes made with bacon bits; but the most common complaint amongst the positive reviews is that everything is overpriced and of sub-par quality.

Celeste, a reviewer on Urbanspoon, claims that Sisters charges $1.99 per cup of coffee, or lack thereof as they do not fill the cup up completely and do not do free refills. Jane E. wrote that her Nutella crepe was burnt when she received her order, Raina said that her snapper was extremely fishy and many other customers had similar complaints involving the quality of food.

Overall, Sisters Restaurant is a three-star place. If you want a decent breakfast meal, relatively slow service and high prices, go to this joint. Personally, I am open-minded so I will definitely be forming judgments of this restaurant on my own once I go for brunch.