Gators can put a little extra emphasis on the green in this season’s color palette by taking advantage of the Gator-themed e-cards released by the university.

Jim Harrison, director of Creative Services for UF, said the holiday cards are a part of the university’s Think Before You Ink campaign, which aims to reduce paper consumption on campus.

The designs include a cheerful Gator snowman, the glowing Century Tower and snowflakes made out of alligators. All of the cards are available to download at bit.ly/1beZ8xP, and some can be chosen with or without accompanying text.

Sharon Eyman, publications coordinator for UF Creative Services, said the office receives several calls every year asking when the e-cards will be ready. This is about the fifth year the cards have been available.

“We just explored some ideas of what people might want to send in an e-card: some serious ones, some photography ones, some fun ones,” she said.

Al Kirby, a web professional for UF Creative Services, said there have been about 500 page views for the cards since they were made available about two weeks ago, but there is no count of how often the cards have been downloaded.

“We just try to keep them fresh and new to give faculty, staff and students an interesting way to express themselves,” Harrison said.

A version of this story ran on page 10 on 12/4/2013 under the headline "E-cards help Gators do good"