<p>Coach Rhonda Faehn talks to freshman Bridget Sloan before her performance on beam during Florida’s 197.3-194.625 victory against Missouri on Jan. 18 in the O’Connell Center.</p>

Coach Rhonda Faehn talks to freshman Bridget Sloan before her performance on beam during Florida’s 197.3-194.625 victory against Missouri on Jan. 18 in the O’Connell Center.

The last time Florida (3-0, 2-0 Southeastern Conference) competed against Oklahoma (3-0, 1-0 Big 12), UF won its first NCAA title at 197.575, and OU was a close runner-up at 197.375.

In tonight’s home meet, the tables have turned. As of Monday, Oklahoma holds the No. 1 ranking in the nation with a team average of 197.317. Florida is ranked second with an average of 197.258.

At 7 p.m., the top two teams in the nation will face off in the O’Connell Center for Florida’s second home meet of the season.

But Bridget Sloan, the SEC Co-Gymnast of the Week (along with Kytra Hunter), is not worried about the rankings.

“Yes they’re ranked No. 1 right now, and we’re No. 2,” Sloan said. “But it really comes down to who can hold that for the end of the season.”

Coach Rhonda Faehn noted that UF’s Big 12 rival will bring its A-game to the O’Dome.

“Oklahoma is a tremendously talented team,” Faehn said. “They are, of course, going to come in and try and do their best as we are.”

Both teams have three wins under their belts, but one will leave the O’Connell Center with a less than perfect record.

“We’re just going to focus on loving being at home,” Faehn said. “We need to get that O’Dome packed just like it was last Friday because that gave so much energy to our athletes; they really just fed off of it.”

The crowd of more than 10,000 fans produced enough energy for Florida to break records left and right, including notching two back-to-back perfect 10s on the floor from Sloan and Hunter. That is not to say Florida’s overall performance against Georgia was flawless.

“Our athletes are just going to focus on cleaning up landings and hitting,” Faehn said. “If we’re able to do that we should be able to come away with the win.”

Hosting the team that once stood between them and the national championship has brought back memories of that fateful day in April for some Gators.

“Nationals is in the back of our minds,” Hunter said. “I mean we’re not getting ahead of ourselves, but you know we also want to be back-to-back natty champs.”

Follow Erica A. Hernandez on Twitter @EricaAlyssa