<p>Defensive end Gerald Willis III, a New Orleans native, Gator chomps after picking Florida over LSU at the Under Armour All-America Game on Thursday in St. Petersburg.</p>

Defensive end Gerald Willis III, a New Orleans native, Gator chomps after picking Florida over LSU at the Under Armour All-America Game on Thursday in St. Petersburg.

ST. PETERSBURG — The 2014 Under Armour All-America Game on Thursday afternoon put the most highly touted recruits from across the country together on one field.

Florida, a consistent recruiting powerhouse, had three commits on Team Nitro and one on Team Highlight. Cornerback commits J.C. Jackson and Quincy Wilson, as well as wide receiver commit Ermon Lane, led Team Nitro. Defensive end Gerald Willis III, playing for Team Highlight, announced his commitment to Florida during Thursday’s game.

Willis announced his commitment to Florida at halftime. A New Orleans native, Willis picked between Florida and LSU.

Willis should help a Florida defensive line that lost veteran linemen Dominique Easley and Damien Jacobs. He has a chance to make an impact early, as the 2014 defensive line corps will have just four upperclassmen.

Jamal Adams, a safety out of Lewisville, Texas, also announced his decision during the game. Like Willis, Adams narrowed his choices to LSU and UF. However, Adams went in another direction, choosing to play for the Tigers.

Adams, a physical defensive back who consistently attacked the ball during practice, made the decision despite having a connection to the Gators — UF wide receivers coach Joker Phillips is his godfather.

"I just felt more comfortable there, talking to all [of] the coaching staff," Adams said. "The opportunity there at LSU is there for me. I’m ready to go win some national championships."

Adams has the talent to get reps as a true freshman next season. The Tigers’ secondary had three true freshman get meaningful playing time during the 2013 season. LSU allowed 198 yards in the air per game in 2013, ranking 13th in the nation.

Lane stood out on Thursday, catching what appeared to be a touchdown reception in the second quarter, but it was ruled incomplete. Lane also had a kickoff return for 24 yards in the third quarter and finished Thursday with four catches for 34 yards.

Minnesota running back commit Jeff Jones won MVP for Team Nitro after recording 72 total yards and a receiving touchdown.

The Gators coaching staff has shown interest in Jones and reportedly offered him a scholarship after former commit Dalvin Cook flipped from Florida to Florida State on Tuesday.

Jones is set to make an official visit to Gainesville on Jan. 24, just 12 days before National Signing Day.

Florida head coach Will Muschamp will have to sway him away from his home state, as Jones is from Minneapolis. Jones committed to the Gophers in February 2013.

Follow Morgan Moriarty on Twitter @Morgan_Moriarty