UF’s Swamp Party announced its candidates for Student Body president, vice president and treasurer Wednesday.

Cory Yeffet is the party’s candidate for Student Body president with Vivan Nguyen as his vice president and Elliot Grasso as treasurer.

About 200 people gathered around a lectern flanked by two tables to hear the candidates speak briefly on their expectations from the campaign and their goals if elected.

Yeffet, a 21-year-old UF political science and economics senior, said he’s looking forward to a fun and positive campaign.

He is serving his third year in Student Senate and is Senate president. Previously, he held positions as Senate president pro tempore, vice chair of the judiciary committee and the majority party leader.

During his term as Senate president, Yeffet helped to design Heavener Hall and is involved in the overhaul of UF’s email system.

“I’d really like to make sure we address the concerns of the Student Body,” he said.

Nguyen, a 22-year-old UF music and physics senior, said she’s enthusiastic about applying her prior leadership experience to a larger student audience.

“I’m excited to listen to their ideas and be in a position to actually implement them,” she said.

Grasso, a 20-year-old UF finance and information systems junior, said he wants to create an open dialogue with student organizations to find out what they need to be successful.

“I’m looking forward to learning how students want Student Government to be improved,” he said.

Elections will be held Feb. 18 and 19.

[A version of this story ran on page 4 on 1/23/2014 under the headline "Swamp reveals exec ticket"]