It’s that time of year again. When the days get longer and the nights get shorter, the sun shines bright and the beach is calling your name. This can only mean one thing: bathing suit season.

While everyone loves finding a cute new suit to show off at the beach, shopping for one can be a pain. First off, you have to consider the style you want. There’s strapless, triangle, bra-like, one-piece, halter-top and something with holes that resembles a one-piece. Plus there are the bottoms that you can mix and match depending on your choice. You can get an attaching strap, fringe, ruffle, or whatever pattern or color you can think of.

While shopping for bathing suits once I saw one with dalmatians all over it. Next to it, parrots. Yes, there is literally every pattern you can think of.

Where you go to buy bathing suits all depends on your price range.

If you’re not that crazy on spending that much money, check Wal-Mart for some good deals.

One of my go-to shopping places for bathing suits is Target. They have a lot of pieces to choose from along with having good deals like “buy one, get the next piece 50 percent off.”

On the more expensive side, there’s Victoria’s Secret. These bathing suits help give support just like their lingerie line. It all depends on your preference and on how much you are willing to spend.

Shopping for bathing suits can be a bit disheartening, though. For men it’s easy; all they have to do is grab whatever pair of shorts they like and they’re done.

Ladies, on the other hand, must go through the whole process of picking out 50 different pieces to take into the changing room and trying on all of them to find the perfect one. Standing in front of the mirror with the less-than-stellar lighting can make you feel uncomfortable and awkward, especially if you grab the wrong size.

However, before you give up, remember that we all go through this. Even the woman you saw at the beach with the cute chevron two-piece. Even after going through all 50 pieces, if you only come out with two, that’s still a victory.

So happy shopping everybody, and may the tan lines be ever in your favor.