Part-time UF students now eligible for $105 football ticket lottery

The football lottery is now open to part-time students.

Starting April 14, undergraduate students enrolled in six credit hours can participate in the lottery. The graduate student requirement will remain the same at six credit hours.

Travis Leyndyke, the director of ticket operations, wrote in an email that the change was because part-time students wanted to participate in the lottery.

“This will not only benefit the students who are now eligible to purchase tickets,” he said, “but it will help make The Swamp game day atmosphere special and one of the best in the country.”

Before the change, undergraduate students were required to be enrolled in 12 credits to participate.

With one extra game this Fall, lottery ticket prices have risen since last year. Students this year will have to pay $105 for seven home games compared to the $90 for six games in 2013. Each game typically costs $15.

Lottery announcements will be made on Aug. 1.

Holly Davis, a 20-year-old UF health education and behavior junior, said the six-hour credit change will allow more students to attend games.

“Students should be able to enter the lottery if they’re only taking six credits,” she said. “They’re still a part of the Gator Nation.”

[A version of this story ran on page 1 on 3/27/2014 under the headline "Part-time students now eligible for $105 football ticket lottery"]