Gainesville Police arrested a local man Wednesday after discovering 113 grams of marijuana in his backpack.

Officers arrested Jeremiah High, 23, on charges of possession with intent to sell a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia, according to an arrest report.

At about 1:10 p.m., police arrived on the scene of a suspected shoplifting at Old Navy, 3942 SW Archer Road. An officer approached High in the parking lot and began inspecting a nearby car in connection with the theft, according to the report. The officer then noticed a pink backpack outside the car underneath the passenger side.

The backpack seemed abandoned, so the officer searched it to find its owner. Inside, the officer found two quart-sized bags of weed, according to the report. Small, jewelry-sized bags and sandwich-sized bags of weed were also in the bag.

During questioning, High said he put the backpack outside to prevent the officer from finding it inside the car, according to the report. High said he sells weed because his paychecks went to child support and he didn’t have enough left over for living expenses.

Officers booked High into the Alachua County Jail at about 2:45 p.m., where he remained as of press time in lieu of a $7,000 bond.