The Orange and Blue Debut is scheduled to kickoff Saturday at 1:30 p.m. Spring practice is a superb chance for players wishing to start to separate themselves from those destined to be on the second team. Here are some of the positions to keep an eye on while you watch the game.

Quarterback: Redshirt junior Jeff Driskel is ready to take the reigns of the football team again after recovering from the broken fibula that ended his season against Tennessee last year.

The new offense doesn’t ask that Driskel to throw the ball much downfield, but the scheme allows for quick, five yard passes. If Driskel can get his confidence up, 2014 could be a big year for him.

Driskel has distanced himself from Skyler Mornhinweg and Will Grier, who could split playing time on the team opposite Driskel on Saturday.

Wide receivers: The position has seen a number of explosive playmakers emerge this spring. Quinton Dunbar, Ahmad Fulwood, Latroy Pittman Jr. and Demarcus Robinson have been impressive throughout.

Offensive coordinator Kurt Roper likes to use three and four receiver sets in order to create space, so several of them could see the field at the same time.

Gainesville product Chris Thompson has been a surprise this spring, showing impressive speed as well. Driskel’s success this season is contingent upon having consistent targets to throw to.

Tight ends: Under Roper’s offense, you’ll see tight ends being utilized a lot more than you did last year. Tevin Westbrook and Clay Burton — who combined for just four catches all season last year — have progressed during the spring.

True freshman DeAndre Goolsby has taken significant reps as well. College football teams are using tight ends more and more throughout the country — Florida is following suit this season.

Offensive line: An offensive line ravaged by injuries last season is led by a group of veterans this spring. As a whole, they’ve adjusted to the new tempo well.

Chaz Green is back from a torn labrum that ended his season last year. He has seen most of the playing time at right tackle.

Max Garcia is the new starting center and has had trouble getting off accurate snaps. Roper’s preference for shotgun formations compounds the problem, forcing Garcia to snap the ball several yards behind him instead of handing it to the quarterback.

Defensive line: Bryan Cox Jr. has turned heads this spring at the defensive end position — he has had one of the best springs along the D-line.

Darious Cummings has taken reps at both tackle and nose guard, disrupting the offense often.

Dante Fowler Jr. has emerged as a leader at the hybrid Buck position — important for a team losing Dominique Easley to the draft.

Alex McCalister has come on strong this spring, and is helping the pass rush as well.

Linebacker: The linebacker corps is loaded with talent this spring. Antonio Morrison, Mike Taylor, Jarrad Davis and Jeremi Powell have been consistent playmakers throughout practices.

Cornerback: The secondary is reloading to fill the voids of Loucheiz Purifoy, Marcus Roberson and Jaylen Watkins. All-American cornerback Vernon Hargreaves III has been a consistent lockdown corner all spring.

However, the spot opposite Hargreaves is being battled out by early enrollees Duke Dawson and Jalen Tabor. Both will compete for the starting job this Fall.

Brian Poole has taken reps at corner, but he will likely be at the nickel position. Dawson is competing with Poole there as well.

Safety: The safety spots aren’t solidified yet, but there are a number of guys who have taken reps.

Redshirt freshmen Nick Washington and Marcell Harris are healthy in 2014, and both plan to make an impact at safety. Both have required a lot of coaching up in practice, but they’ve responded well.

Sophomore Keanu Neal has been nagged by a hamstring this spring, but if he stays healthy he could make big plays at the position.

Jabari Gorman has proved to be a veteran leader at the position for the young guys.

Follow Morgan Moriarty on Twitter @Morgan_Moriarty