<p>Chris Walker attempts a shot during Florida’s 79-68 win&nbsp;in the Sweet 16 round of the NCAA Tournament against UCLA on March 27 in FedEx Forum in Memphis, Tenn.</p>

Chris Walker attempts a shot during Florida’s 79-68 win in the Sweet 16 round of the NCAA Tournament against UCLA on March 27 in FedEx Forum in Memphis, Tenn.

Chris Walker will stay in Gainesville for another year.

The freshman forward, a five-star recruit coming out of high school, announced via his Twitter account (@cwalkertime23) on Wednesday that he will return to Florida for his sophomore season, opting not to pursue the NBA Draft waters.

"This year has been a great one, and I'm happy to say I will be joining the gatornation again for one more year!" Walker posted at 4:30 p.m.

After making his debut with the team on Feb. 4 following a 12-game suspension handed by the NCAA for receiving impermissible benefits from agents, Walker logged 87 minutes on the court in 18 games for Florida. He averaged 1.9 points on 59.3 percent shooting and 1.3 rebounds per game.

An offseason under coach Billy Donovan should give Walker the opportunity to better learn UF's system, advance his post play and improve his defense.

Follow Landon Watnick on Twitter @LandonWatnick